I can't say it any better. I have a son who needs and deserves the same respect and dignity as any other human being. And today is a day we should start to unlearn the use of this word!
If you would like to learn more, please go to:
http://www.r-word.org/
2 comments:
I never liked that word. I have a severely mentally disabled cousin, Lissa. She was born in a time when "those kids" were put in an institution for life. Not so with Lissa. My Aunt and Uncle kept her at home and everyone made sure she was loved and cared for. Everyone! That's the way it should be. Lissa is in her 60's and is in a nursing home now only due to health issues the family cannot address. She's had a good long life!
And still we have so much to learn as a society don't we?
Post a Comment