Friday, December 21, 2012

The Friday Before Christmas..



Welcome to Saturday: 9.

What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas? I honestly cannot remember doing it as a child. I think that I would have liked it.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? I am so on the nice list..I am always on the nice list. What Santa doesn't know, won't hurt him.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest? We shipped a package to my son. In Maine. From Oregon. That is it. One thing for next year, ship it earlier. Very expensive to send it on the 17th. Yikes.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? Oh yes. Two weeks somewhere very, very warm.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? It's A Wonderful Life.

 6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day? No. And we won't this year because my husband is on call. But we will after. He is on vacation for the rest of that week.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? Nope.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather? Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.

9. What will you remember most about 2012? My how hard my brother in law fought his cancer. We miss him very much.

3 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I'm so sorry about your brother in law. The holidays can be very hard this time of year. And I hope you enjoy your two weeks in the warm!

katie eggeman said...

This Christmas will have a lot of bittersweet moments, enjoy your time off.

I am Harriet said...

Seems like everything gets more expensive after the 17th....


Have a great rest of your weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/12/the-violence-and-the-politics/