Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Brand New Me
1) It's a brand new year! Do you have any resolutions for 2013? That this is a year that I truly figure out how to relax. Trust me, today is not that day.
2) Dusty Springfield sang of feeling "brand new." What leaves you feeling refreshed and/or rejuvenated? A very hot shower. Or being in Hawaii. And again, that cannot come soon enough for me.
3) Dusty's given name was Mary Catherine. If you could give yourself a brand new first name, what would it be? I like my name. Though I do wish that my mother had been more creative than to give all her children names that started with the letter R and not give us all the same middle name.
4) Actor Billy Bob Thornton has dismissed antiques, saying, "I'm creeped out by old stuff." Do you ever shop at estate sales, yard sales or second-hand stores? Or do you want everything brand new? I haven't bought at any yet, but we are going to be redoing our craftsman style home soon, so I am sure that we will be looking for more historically appropriate pieces to our home.
5) Are you sad to see the holiday decorations slowly disappear until next year? Or do you think they should come down on January 2? Honestly, in my perfect world? They would be down before the ball strikes the New Year.
6) Do you like the picture on your photo ID? I have seen worse.
7) Crazy Sam shudders at the very thought of a snake. Which is your least favorite member of the Animal Kingdom? Spiders and snakes and the really big coach roaches in Hawaii.
8) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through? Yankee Magazine.
9) Do you have nice handwriting? I did before my fingers got better at the keyboard. It is legible now.
7 comments:
Another fellow spider hater. Yes! :)
Cockroaches! Shudder. I hadn't thought of them. They are very hard to love.
I am with you on the creepy-crawlies!
Ahhhhhh. Vaca AND a nice boat drink!!
Happy New Year! Mary
Sometimes, thinking too much about relaxing is even more stressful to me.
Have a great rest of your Saturday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2013/01/there-is-a-reason-why-i-use-my-printer-to-print-out-my-holiday-cards/
My mother give me and my brothers names started with an F ....
I about to do the same for my children :)
Even when I do write things longhand, i semi-print. It's like I have forgotten how to write.
Post a Comment